More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Better Education | School Rankings | Help | (Un)Subscribe | Rules
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
hong  
#1 Posted : Saturday, 25 April 2020 12:21:49 PM(UTC)
hong

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)

VCE school rank discrepancy on trend page

Q:

I am interested in comparing the VCE trend results of a few schools in our local area. I've noticed Elwood College seems to have done well when I look at the VCE rankings for all schools for 2019 (the Better Education rank is 79). But when I click the trend button for them, it says that for 2019, the Better Education rank is 158. Why is there such a discrepancy? When looking at other local schools doing the same thing, when viewing all schools Better Education Ranking the ranking in the overall list is more similar to the ranking when looking at the trend view for one school - for example for McKinnon Secondary School the overall VCE 2019 ranking list has the Better Education rank as 59, and when you click trend view for them, the Better Education Rank for 2019 says 60 (still a discrepancy which I'm not sure why) but seems closer, only +1 out from the other view. I'm interested in viewing the trend for Elwood College, but wonder if there is something wrong in the trend calculation for that school which is causing such a large discrepancy between the viewing options. Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!

A:

For VCE school rankings, there are two types: by Median VCE Score and by percentage of scores of over 40, which gives 79th and 153rd for Elwood College respectively. On all (top) schools' VCE results page, if you choose the latter method, the school is not shown because of the rank 153rd which missed the top score cut-off score. However, you can find this rank on the trend page. The ranking by percentage of scores of over 40 is preferred by the top schools while the ranking by Median VCE  Score may suit all schools. So the Trend / Compare School page only shows the rank by median score. Hence the discrepancy. But this discrepancy may give you a bigger picture. 

Edited by user Saturday, 25 April 2020 12:33:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Rss Feed  Atom Feed