More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
hong  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 1:47:39 AM(UTC)
hong

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Can you explain the "VCE Scores 40+ (%)"?
Q: "Can you explain the 'VCE Scores 40+ (%)', what does this actually mean? I have emailed the link you were kind enough to forward to me to a number of parents, all of them have since got back to me very confused. At the risk of sounding boring I understand the English rating system easily, that is A, B etc.; the school that graduates with 99.8% of it's students achieving A and B scores is rated higher than the school that achieves 99.0%." A: It's the abbreviation of "Percent of study scores of 40 and over". This is about subject scores. A perfect subject score is 50. "Percent of study scores of 40 and over" is the official index for the VCE performance of the schools in Victoria. Please see the following links below for more information. What is Median VCE study score? Does "Percent of study scores of 40+" mean ENTER 80% in the state? BTW, ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) chief Geoff Masters has called for an overhaul of the letter-based rankings A-E in schools.

Edited by user Sunday, December 20, 2015 9:15:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Rss Feed  Atom Feed