More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Better Education | School Rankings | Help | (Un)Subscribe | Rules
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
boots'n'all  
#1 Posted : Monday, 24 August 2009 3:22:01 AM(UTC)
boots'n'all

Groups: Member

hi all,

My wife and I have just used this great service in Mlebourne where they help you choose a private school.

the guys knowledge and networks were amazing and it was the best money we ever spent.

Their website is www.regentconsulting.com.au .

We were about to spned 300k on something we didn't know a lot about, so it made perfect sense to get this advice.:d/
Sponsor
Jaffa12  
#2 Posted : Monday, 7 September 2009 4:02:13 AM(UTC)
Jaffa12

Another option would be to check out the free information available on the web before you go spending money on schooling. This website http://www. privateschoolsguide .com has plenty of free information on private schools in Melbourne.

Edited by moderator Friday, 27 June 2014 12:47:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

boots'n'all  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, 8 September 2009 12:46:57 AM(UTC)
boots'n'all

Jaffa12 wrote:
Another option would be to check out the free information available on the web before you go spending money on schooling. This website http://www.privateschoolsguide.com has plenty of free information on private schools in Melbourne.

We checked that out and others like it( there are plenty e.g schoolsguide, schoolselect etc!) but they only provide information provided by the schools, as it is used as a marketing tool by the schools. You can get all the infor form their websites

Regent Consulting do an assessment of your individual situation and then a thorough independent matching process. You can't get this form the school provided informaiton in a directory.
beanbagbody  
#4 Posted : Sunday, 1 November 2009 8:17:08 AM(UTC)
beanbagbody

I have wondered about using this service myself. Do you mind me asking -
How much do they charge?
Also - most of these schools have long waiting lists, as people put their names down when the children are very young. What happens if they recommend somewhere and you can't get a place?
Did they end up recommending somewhere you have previously considered or something quite different?
loulou  
#5 Posted : Sunday, 14 March 2010 11:32:00 AM(UTC)
loulou

Originally Posted by: boots' Go to Quoted Post
hi all,

My wife and I have just used this great service in Mlebourne where they help you choose a private school.

the guys knowledge and networks were amazing and it was the best money we ever spent.

We were about to spned 300k on something we didn't know a lot about, so it made perfect sense to get this advice.:d/

Hey Boots,

Our neighbour just used Regent Consulting and they were wrapped with the outcome. They reckon they are so much bettter placed now to make am informed decision.

They have convinced us to give them a go and we are meeting them this thursday.
aprillove20  
#6 Posted : Sunday, 4 April 2010 2:26:28 PM(UTC)
aprillove20

Make it sure you check out the information available on the web before you go spending money on schooling.
boots'n'all  
#7 Posted : Monday, 5 April 2010 3:34:27 PM(UTC)
boots'n'all

aprillove20 wrote:
Make it sure you check out the information available on the web before you go spending money on schooling.

Couldn't disagree more.

We searched and searched on the web and just got more confused.

The best money we ever spent was getting advice from Regent Consulting, which has saved us money and enabled us to make a much more informed decision
jerrya  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, 20 April 2010 10:39:49 AM(UTC)
jerrya

hi all,

you're right! they are pretty good. make money is one purpose, and the other is to help us.
loulou  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, 20 April 2010 5:56:32 PM(UTC)
loulou

jerry wrote:
hi all,

you're right! they are pretty good. make money is one purpose, and the other is to help us.

What does this mean?

I am confused!
boots'n'all  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:12:27 AM(UTC)
boots'n'all

beanbagbody wrote:
How much do they charge?
Also - most of these schools have long waiting lists, as people put their names down when the children are very young. What happens if they recommend somewhere and you can't get a place?
Did they end up recommending somewhere you have previously considered or something quite different?

Their fees vary depending on how many kids you have and how complex your situation is but are very reasonable given the level of service you receive.. Given your potential spend is several hundred thousand dollars we felt the fee was more than reasonable in my opinion.

They recommended places where we could get in only and yes, one of their recommendations was a school we hadn't even considered.

A number of parents at our primary school have now used Regent and all reports I have heard are positive.

Edited by user Monday, 18 April 2011 3:11:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Oca  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, 7 September 2010 11:46:04 AM(UTC)
Oca

Tips on Choosing a School:

Accredited Services
Registered
Quality Education

Hope that was enough if we choose a school at reasonable price.

Edited by moderator Sunday, 23 February 2014 9:12:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

loulou  
#12 Posted : Thursday, 30 December 2010 7:24:10 AM(UTC)
loulou

beanbagbody wrote:
How much do they charge?

Their fees vary depending on how many kids you have and how complex your situation is but given the level of service you receive, they are very reasonable.. Given your potential spend is several hundred thousand dollars we felt the fee was more than reasonable

They recommended places where we could get in only and yes, one of their recommendations was a school we hadn't even considered.

A number of parents at our primary school have now used Regent and all reports I have heard are positive.

We finally wilted and decided to use Regent. We just finished our final consult prior to Christmas and I must say they were absolutely brilliant. The knowledge, tips and guidance they were able to provide, was invaluable and we learnt so much about a process that we knew very little about(although we thought we knew about it!).
The price is for the service is very good value as it was a very comprehensive process and well worth the independent advice they were able to provide.
As my husband reminded me, we are about to spend around $500,000(after tax) on our kids education so the fee really is tiny in realtion to that spend and will save us time and money and now we can make an informed decision.

Edited by user Monday, 18 April 2011 3:15:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

matt  
#13 Posted : Sunday, 2 January 2011 4:08:45 PM(UTC)
matt

Groups: tutor

hi all,

Absolutely the info they provide is valuable. The cost seems a little bit high, but compared with the tuition fee it's really not a big deal!

Edited by user Monday, 3 January 2011 2:36:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

boots'n'all  
#14 Posted : Thursday, 3 February 2011 4:41:46 PM(UTC)
boots'n'all

matt wrote:
hi all,

Absolutely the info they provide is valuable. The cost seems a little bit high, but compared with the tuition fee it's really not a big deal!

Agreed. The cost was very negligible in my view, when we were about to undertake a seriously big spend on our most important assets-our children!

As I said previously, I thought Regent were brilliant
Rochygirl  
#15 Posted : Saturday, 31 March 2012 2:40:35 PM(UTC)
Rochygirl

We tried to engage Regent Consulting based on seeing so many great reviews, and I am sure the consultants know their stuff. However, disappointingly, we never got that far. The director threw a hissy fit after we asked some questions, and dumped us, leaving us to do the school search, from offshore, on our own. It was very unprofessional.
jane  
#16 Posted : Saturday, 31 March 2012 3:35:28 PM(UTC)
jane

Groups: BookSeller

Rochygirl wrote:
We tried to engage Regent Consulting based on seeing so many great reviews, and I am sure the consultants know their stuff. However, disappointingly, we never got that far. The director threw a hissy fit after we asked some questions, and dumped us, leaving us to do the school search, from offshore, on our own. It was very unprofessional.

I found the direcor was good and patient. I did talk to them, and didn't use them service. The guy spent time to explain me a lot of things. Time is money we all undertand that, and I feel guilty I didn't pay his time!! Calm down, Rockygirl. I never meet this director, but I reckon he is a good guy!!
loulou  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, 4 April 2012 6:36:50 PM(UTC)
loulou

jane wrote:
Rochygirl wrote:

I found the direcor was good and patient. I did talk to them, and didn't use them service. The guy spent time to explain me a lot of things. Time is money we all undertand that, and I feel guilty I didn't pay his time!! Calm down, Rockygirl. I never meet this director, but I reckon he is a good guy!!

Couldn't agree more. He was so helpful, thorough and compassionate to our needs. I did meet him and can vouch that he is a good guy, an utter gentleman and a thorough professional.
shin121  
#18 Posted : Friday, 11 January 2013 4:05:25 PM(UTC)
shin121

hi.................
education is must in each and every section.
But in this topic i am not able to say much

Edited by user Saturday, 12 January 2013 6:02:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

frank12  
#19 Posted : Saturday, 12 January 2013 10:48:04 PM(UTC)
frank12

We finally wilted and decided to use Regent. We just finished our final consult prior to Christmas and I must say they were absolutely brilliant. The knowledge, tips and guidance they were able to provide, was invaluable and we learnt so much about a process that we knew very little about(although we thought we knew about it!).
The price is for the service is very good value as it was a very comprehensive process.

Edited by user Sunday, 13 January 2013 12:53:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jefffolkner  
#20 Posted : Monday, 6 January 2014 12:41:42 AM(UTC)
jefffolkner

its amazing , this can help us on finding the schools.
thanks for this
Rss Feed  Atom Feed