More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
emmab  
#1 Posted : Saturday, 11 April 2009 2:00:58 PM(UTC)
emmab

Groups: admin, Administration, Member, Moderator

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been moving around Australia in past five years. Changing schools for my daughter made me headache because we had to leave the school as she just made few friends. The situation made her very sad. I was depressed by the constant pressure of finding a good primary school. However, I have gained some experience from the past. Some tips for choosing a primary school: - Talk to the principle: carefully listen what the principle says. You would figure out what foundation of the school is built upon. - Walk around the school, see the teachers. My experience is teachers should be caring and dedicated because children sometime like to copy the way teachers say and behave. Good luck. Emma

Edited by user Saturday, 4 September 2010 5:57:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
hong  
#2 Posted : Saturday, 4 September 2010 6:00:39 PM(UTC)
hong

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I have enrolled my daughter at Essex Height Primary School in Melbourne, Victoria for Prep in 2011. How do you read its score at http://bettereducation.c...op_primary_schools.aspx? I saw that overall it was 96 but what does that mean compared to a school who has 98 or 97? And the scores for English and Math with a 5 ratings… does it mean their at the best? I have a friend who is in Malaysia and she is contemplating on sending her children either to Hartwell or to Camberwell South Primary School but she doesn’t know which is the best. The State Treasurer of Victoria sent his daughter to Hartwell… so people reckon he should know better.

Edited by user Saturday, 4 September 2010 6:10:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hong  
#3 Posted : Saturday, 4 September 2010 6:05:11 PM(UTC)
hong

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
5 is the highest rating for English and Maths. For overall academic performance, we also provide additional ranking scale from 60 to 100. The highest is 100 while the lowest is 60. It's similar to percent marking system. Hartwell Primary School is a very good school with a rating of 5 in both English and Maths and an overall rating of 96. Camberwell South Primary School is also a very good school; the academic performance is about the same as Hartwell Primary School. To choose a school, we need to look at other aspects of schools beyond academic performance, such as extra-curriculum activities and so on. We need to visit a couple of schools and talk to the teachers of the school. Then we should be able to make a decision in choosing a school which is most suitable for our children. Essex Height Primary School is a very good school. It's very popular in Mount Waverley. I can say this because my family lived in Mt Waverley in the past decade. Please note that percentage rating is just an addition to 5-grade rating. Most parents are just happy with the 5-grade rating. The academic performance can vary from year to year. A couple of percentage points may not mean much. It's important to look at other aspects of the schools including socio-economic backgrounds of the parents.
aotedu  
#4 Posted : Monday, 11 October 2010 2:36:05 PM(UTC)
aotedu

Groups: Member

Giving our children a quality education is what the school should offer. We have to consider also our children primary involvement in socializing. Perhaps some school offer so many things but children are lack in peer involvement. Parents should follow up their children in school specially the preschooler at their early stay in school so that parent would know what kind of teachers, friends and school can offer.
mardyfishh  
#5 Posted : Saturday, 20 November 2010 7:52:12 PM(UTC)
mardyfishh

Now days choosing a primary school is for children is challenging issue.Because there is a so many school is opening in world and school or any other education become a business in the word now day.people are opening school for business.so primary school should have full staff and that should be well educated.it should have all facility that require in the education.
jay1  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, 16 April 2013 6:52:33 PM(UTC)
jay1

aotedu wrote:
Giving our children a quality education is what the school should offer. We have to consider also our children primary involvement in socializing. Perhaps some school offer so many things but children are lack in peer involvement. Parents should follow up their children in school specially the preschooler at their early stay in school so that parent would know what kind of teachers, friends and school can offer.
totally agree!
marten  
#7 Posted : Sunday, 9 June 2013 9:05:50 PM(UTC)
marten

hi............... I have a friend who is in Malaysia and she is contemplating on sending her children either to Hartwell or to Camberwell South Primary School but she doesn’t know which is the best. The State Treasurer of Victoria sent his daughter to Hartwell… so people reckon he should know better. ................................................................................................

Edited by moderator Monday, 10 June 2013 4:15:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

riaarora  
#8 Posted : Friday, 19 August 2016 9:10:43 PM(UTC)
riaarora

Heii Whatsupp!! This is really a nice forum to talk about Primary School discussion.School is the basic part of every student life. I really like to discuss about school life education.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed