More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
hong  
#1 Posted : Thursday, 25 February 2010 11:27:17 PM(UTC)
hong

Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor
Joined: 2/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 932

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.

Edited by user Friday, 3 January 2020 9:06:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
nicole  
#2 Posted : Saturday, 6 March 2010 10:55:43 AM(UTC)
nicole

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: tutor
Joined: 6/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 7

hong wrote:
Confused about which school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right school for your child.



Seems to me they only help to chose private school. what about public school?

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:11:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

aotedu  
#3 Posted : Monday, 8 March 2010 8:48:03 PM(UTC)
aotedu

Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 27/02/2010(UTC)
Posts: 38

yeah.. i also noticed that there's no other option there..is it only for private schools?Think
loulou  
#4 Posted : Saturday, 13 March 2010 3:44:49 AM(UTC)
loulou

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 13/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

aotedu wrote:
yeah.. i also noticed that there's no other option there..is it only for private schools?Think


Doesn't the heading at the top say "Private" schools? My neighbour used their services and said they were fantastic!

What is the point about providing advice about govt schools when you have to live in a certain area to gain access to them( other then the shcolarship schools)?

So unless you are prepared to buy a house in the "zone", you don't have much choice.

Edited by user Saturday, 13 March 2010 4:03:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

willw  
#5 Posted : Saturday, 13 March 2010 9:53:01 AM(UTC)
willw

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 13/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1

Quote:
Doesn't the heading at the top say "Private" schools? My neighbour used their services and said they were fantastic!

What is the point about providing advice about govt schools when you have to live in a certain area to gain access to them( other then the shcolarship schools)?

So unless you are prepared to buy a house in the "zone", you don't have much choice.


The point is we are not in Australia at moment, and we don't want to send our children to private schools. Based on locations of good government schools, we'll buy or rent a house around the area! Can you see the point?
loulou  
#6 Posted : Sunday, 14 March 2010 4:48:54 AM(UTC)
loulou

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 13/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

willw wrote:
Quote:
Doesn't the heading at the top say "Private" schools? My neighbour used their services and said they were fantastic!

What is the point about providing advice about govt schools when you have to live in a certain area to gain access to them( other then the shcolarship schools)?

So unless you are prepared to buy a house in the "zone", you don't have much choice.


The point is we are not in Australia at moment, and we don't want to send our children to private schools. Based on locations of good government schools, we'll buy or rent a house around the area! Can you see the point?


Yeh I get the point.

Good luck trying to buy and rent in the zone area...easier said than done

My point was the thread is in the private schools sections, is clearly labelled advice about private schools yet people are lamenting that they don't provide advice on govt schools?


Seems a little nonsensical to me.

Can you see the point?Brick wall
funny  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, 17 March 2010 1:05:45 AM(UTC)
funny

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 29/10/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1

Quote:
Yeh I get the point.

Good luck trying to buy and rent in the zone area...easier said than done

My point was the thread is in the private schools sections, is clearly labelled advice about private schools yet people are lamenting that they don't provide advice on govt schools?


Seems a little nonsensical to me.

Can you see the point?


I got your point. But do you know any service that provide recommendation about public schools? I am looking for both academic and extra curriculum. thanks
jacky1  
#8 Posted : Monday, 29 March 2010 11:50:49 AM(UTC)
jacky1

Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 10/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 44

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hong wrote:
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.



I am confused to choose a school: private school, catholic school or public school?? too many choices!

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:12:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jimmy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, 18 April 2010 4:27:56 PM(UTC)
jimmy

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: tutor
Joined: 26/12/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1

hong wrote:
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.



a good and useful service, which cost us a little, but save a lot of our time and money.

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:12:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jane  
#10 Posted : Monday, 12 July 2010 8:20:24 AM(UTC)
jane

Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: BookSeller
Joined: 9/04/2009(UTC)
Posts: 31

jimmy wrote:
a good and useful service, which cost us a little, but save a lot of our time and money.


If you really need advice, it's wise to consult some people like Regent Consulting: they're helpful!!
jim  
#11 Posted : Friday, 23 July 2010 3:31:09 PM(UTC)
jim

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: PublicSchool
Joined: 31/10/2009(UTC)
Posts: 26

jane wrote:
If you really need advice, it's wise to consult some people like Regent Consulting: they're helpful!!


Why private schools are so popular in VIC? Public selective schools in NSW are far more better!
loulou  
#12 Posted : Friday, 23 July 2010 4:10:06 PM(UTC)
loulou

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 13/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

jim wrote:
jane wrote:
If you really need advice, it's wise to consult some people like Regent Consulting: they're helpful!!


Why private schools are so popular in VIC? Public selective schools in NSW are far more better!


Far more better?

That might explain why the private schools are more popular!
jim  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, 27 July 2010 8:58:01 AM(UTC)
jim

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: PublicSchool
Joined: 31/10/2009(UTC)
Posts: 26

loulouFar more better?

That might explain why the private schools are more popular![/quote wrote:


I don't fully understand what you mean! Do you mean private schools in VIC are much popular than public schools, but it's not the case in NSW?
I think this may be true!!
cathywilliam  
#14 Posted : Saturday, 28 August 2010 5:49:19 PM(UTC)
cathywilliam

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 25/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: -8

hong wrote:
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.



Budget from Tony Abbot allows us to claim education tax refund from children's private school fees. It's good isn't itApplause

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:13:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

anne  
#15 Posted : Sunday, 26 September 2010 9:57:36 AM(UTC)
anne

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: tutor
Joined: 26/09/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1

hong wrote:
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.



Has anyone used this service? How is it?

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:13:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

loulou  
#16 Posted : Sunday, 26 September 2010 4:10:12 PM(UTC)
loulou

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 13/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

anne wrote:
hong wrote:
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.



Has anyone used this service? How is it?


Yeh my neighbour and another parent from our primary school used the services of Regent Consulting and both have constantly raved about it to me. My neighbour reckons it saved them a heap of time(hence money) and they have incredible knowledge of the private schools (both good and bad) and are independent, which I would think is very important.

I just had a look on their website and it looks pretty impressive.

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:14:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scotmajestic  
#17 Posted : Friday, 15 October 2010 1:22:22 PM(UTC)
scotmajestic

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 15/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5

A scholarship is a financial assistance provided by another agency or institution, so your child can follow a course of education that can not be made available under normal circumstances. Currently in the UK more than one fifth of all pupils in independent schools get some financial aid for living expenses.
joe  
#18 Posted : Friday, 5 November 2010 7:05:14 AM(UTC)
joe

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: tutor
Joined: 29/09/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2

hong wrote:
Confused about which private school to choose? Please visit Regent Consulting to find out how to choose the right private school for your child.



Thanks for providing this information. They're really good thoughDrool

Edited by moderator Saturday, 14 May 2016 3:14:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jackendonald  
#19 Posted : Friday, 26 November 2010 11:52:13 PM(UTC)
jackendonald

Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 25/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3

There are two opinions in general for private schools.As some people think it can give boost to people for better education and are right to because education is essential now a days.and some say it might increase the expances only.They are right to in the aspect of expansion but to achive something better you also need to give better.Ther is no end to that debate but i think the show must go on one day it is going to benefit us only.
loulou  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, 2 February 2011 12:41:54 PM(UTC)
loulou

Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 13/03/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

jackendonald wrote:
There are two opinions in general for private schools.As some people think it can give boost to people for better education and are right to because education is essential now a days.and some say it might increase the expances only.They are right to in the aspect of expansion but to achive something better you also need to give better.Ther is no end to that debate but i think the show must go on one day it is going to benefit us only.


Interesting to read several articles in the newspapers recently on the cost of private fees-I read an article today saying that it is more than buying a house!

I think it probaly goes a fair way to explaining why services like Regent consulting are so useful for parents, who are about spend a fortune and want some advice.

It makes perfect sense to me.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.