More Group Sites
Education Books

School Rankings

Developer Forum

Better Home

Enviro++

更好教育论坛
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
emmab  
#1 Posted : Saturday, 25 August 2012 5:54:57 PM(UTC)
emmab

Groups: admin, Administration, Member, Moderator

I have been asked by several friends about behavioural interview. Be honest, I had no idea. After a thorough research I thought it's a sort of modelling process, use past behaviour to predict future. However, how accurate as the model cannot be calibrated!

So what is behavioural interview? Behavioral interviewing is a technique used by employers to learn about your past behavior in particular situations.

A behavioral interview will give you an opportunity to show potential employer how successful you were in the past, and to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and abilities, collectively known as competencies, by giving specific examples from your past experiences. The interviewer wants to know, not that you can do something, but that you have done it. He or she, prior to the interview, determines what competencies are required for the position. Then the interviewer develops a series of questions that will allow him or her to find out if you, the job candidate, possess the necessary competencies to perform the job. The basic premise of the behavioral interview is that past performance is a good predictor of future performance.

Good luck for your job hunting!

Edited by user Saturday, 25 August 2012 5:55:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Rss Feed  Atom Feed