Designing the Exterior Wall | Better Education Books
For more books and school booklists, please visit BEBooks
By presenting the basics of building science along with a prescribed set of details, Designing the Exterior Wall helps you understand why buildings fail and how they can be made more durable through design. Author Linda Brock connects the science and aesthetics of building envelopes through the examination of a variety of construction and cladding types. She features details from real world projects in a variety of climates, successful and unsuccessful case studies, and checklists you can use on your own projects.
- Helps you reduce your liability by showing why building envelopes fail and how they can be designed to endure.
- Moves from theory to actual construction by including hundreds of building envelope details from a broad array of projects and climates.
- Integrates numerous contemporary case studies, including Frank Gehry's Experiential Music Center in Seattle (thin skins), Renzo Piano's Rue de Meaux housing in Paris (terra cotta cladding), and Mario Botta's San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (prefabricated brick panels).
Designing the Exterior Wall is a must-have book, whether you're an architect or a student. Order your copy today.
- All submitted orders subject to stock availability.
If a book is out of stock at its publisher or other suppliers, most likely it's the same here.
- Discount and free delivery available:
up to 20% off depending on order value and products/publishers. Further discount is available for bulk buy.
- Free shipping and handling thresholds depend on order value and products / publishers as well. It will be worked out automatically when you order online.
If the ordered items are from multiple publishers, there may have a separate shipping and handling fee for each publisher.
However free shipping and handling will be provided when the total order value is over the thresholds.
TIPS: bulk or group buy to save the shipping and handling cost.
Schools, libraries, parents, students, teachers, lecturers, professionals or businesses are welcome to request a quote for bulk orders or booklists
to find out how much you can save.
We are happy to consider orders where the quantity exceeds 20 units of any one item or total value is over $1000 from a single publisher as bulk orders.
To ensure correct items are quoted, we recommend you provide ISBN. In booklist season, it may take days to give you a quotation due to large amounts of requests.
- School generated purchase orders are welcome.
- Request a tax invoice.