A practical, comprehensive resource for commercial interior design
Designing Commercial Interiors is the industry standard reference, now fully revised and expanded to reflect the latest developments in commercial interior design. This book guides you through the entire design process, from planning to execution, to teach you the vital considerations that will make your project a success.
This new third edition includes new:
- Sustainability concepts for a variety of commercial spaces
- Coverage of accessibility, security, safety, and codes—and how these factors influence commercial design
- Chapters on design research, project process, and project management
- Drawings and photographs of design applications
- Supplemental instructor's resources
Commercial interior design entails a much more complex set of design factors than residential design, and many of these considerations are matters of safety and law. This book walks you through the process to give you a solid understanding of the myriad factors in play throughout any commercial project, including how the global marketplace shapes designers' business activities.
Whether it's a restaurant, office, lodging, retail, healthcare, or other facility, the interior designer's job is much more complicated when the project is commercial. Designing Commercial Interiors is an exhaustive collection of commercial design skills, methods, and critical factors for professionals, instructors, and those preparing for the NCIDQ exam.