CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS AND DETAILS FOR INTERIORS
DISCOVER FOUNDATIONAL CONCEPTS AND THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
In the newly revised Fourth Edition of Construction Drawings and Details for Interiors, distinguished interior design professors Rosemary Kilmer and W. Otie Kilmer deliver a comprehensive and practical perspective on the preparation and understanding of construction documents. The authors use a highly visual presentation and offer extensive sample drawings and details, as well as photographs, to show readers the fundamentals of drafting, drawing types, plans, and schedules, and computer-aided design.
The Fourth Edition includes new sections on contract administration, field measuring tools, safety and security, and smart systems and controls. A companion website offers PowerPoint lecture slides, an instructor?s manual, activities, test questions, and solutions.
New appendices feature examples of interior design projects and common symbols for construction drawings. The book also includes:
- A thorough introduction to drawing communication, equipment, and classification systems, including information about Building Information Modeling and building certification programs for sustainability
- A discussion of green building certification programs
- An exploration of the design process, including concept development, hand sketching, design development, preliminary designs, sketches, and presentations
- A practical review of contract documents, including specifications, contracts, construction drawings, as-built drawings and demolition plans, and floor plans
- An in-depth examination of structural, mechanical, and plumbing systems
Construction Drawings and Details for Interiors is perfect for interior design students, early-career professionals hoping to improve their understanding of project drawing conventions, or anyone studying for the NCIDQ exam.