Architectural Theory | Better Education Books
For more books and school booklists, please visit BEBooks
This second volume of the landmark Architectural Theory anthology surveys the development of architectural theory from the Franco-Prussian war of 1871 until the end of the twentieth century. The entire two volume anthology follows the full range of architectural literature from classical times to present transformations.
- An ambitious anthology bringing together over 300 classic and contemporary essays that survey the key developments and trends in architecture
- Spans the period from 1871 to 2005, from John Ruskin and the arts and crafts movement in Great Britain through to the development of Lingang New City, and the creation of a metropolis in the East China sea
- Organized thematically, featuring general and section introductions and headnotes to each essay written by a renowned expert on architectural theory
- Places the work of ?starchitects? like Koolhaas, Eisenman, and Lyn alongside the work of prominent architectural critics, offering a balanced perspective on current debates
- Includes many hard-to-find texts and works never previously translated into English
- Alongside Volume I: An Anthology from Vitruvius to 1870, creates a stunning overview of architectural theory from early antiquity to the twenty-first century
- All submitted orders subject to stock availability.
If a book is out of stock at its publisher or other suppliers, most likely it's the same here.
- Discount and free delivery available:
up to 20% off depending on order value and products/publishers. Further discount is available for bulk buy.
- Free shipping and handling thresholds depend on order value and products / publishers as well. It will be worked out automatically when you order online.
If the ordered items are from multiple publishers, there may have a separate shipping and handling fee for each publisher.
However free shipping and handling will be provided when the total order value is over the thresholds.
TIPS: bulk or group buy to save the shipping and handling cost.
Schools, libraries, parents, students, teachers, lecturers, professionals or businesses are welcome to request a quote for bulk orders or booklists
to find out how much you can save.
We are happy to consider orders where the quantity exceeds 20 units of any one item or total value is over $1000 from a single publisher as bulk orders.
To ensure correct items are quoted, we recommend you provide ISBN. In booklist season, it may take days to give you a quotation due to large amounts of requests.
- School generated purchase orders are welcome.
- Request a tax invoice.