You?ve always admired beautiful calligraphy, but you probably figured it was way too hard to master, right ? Calligraphy is actually much easier than you ever dreamed. All you need is the right guide and you?ll be up to speed in no time!
Calligraphy For Dummies lets anyone discover the art and fun of lettering. With this hands-on guide, you?ll be able to develop your craft and test it out in no time. Starting with the italic alphabet, you?ll discover different types of strokes, how to angle your pen, and how to join letters. This easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide shows you:
- All the tools you need to practice the craft
- Where to get the proper ink and paper
- How to master several alphabets
- Different variations to change the look of letters
- How to mix and match your alphabets
- How to create a poster, sign, or certificate
- Ways to design and letter a quotation
- Common mistakes that can easily be avoided
Calligraphy For Dummies also provides tips on how to put your calligraphy skills to good use, with ideas for making money, adding flair to wedding invitations, and more! It also includes ten fun alphabets and practice pages to hone in on your talent, as well as examples of poorly formed letters to keep you on track. With a little practice, you?ll be creating stunning letters and experiencing the joys of writing calligraphy!