"There's no school in Australia that produces as many players as this school produces.", said Californian-born coach Mr Goorjian — brother of former Australian Boomers coach Brian Goorjian.
Director of Student Management Andrea Wood is keen to stress that what happens in the classroom is just as important.
"We really emphasise that they're student athletes, so their academics come first and then the athletics come alongside it," she told 7.30.
"So you find that they're really motivated in the classroom to achieve academically and then on court as well."
Source ABC Inside the suburban Melbourne basketball factory that produced Ben Simmons
Interested in checking the school's academic results: Secondary | VCE?
Message from the school's former principal Wayne Craig:
For more than two decades Box Hill Senior Secondary College has:
• catered for and respected all students including those with aspirations focussed on the arts, trades, business, information technology;
• had a third or more of its students travelling three to four hours a day to and from school because other schools simply don’t cater for their needs;
• established partnerships with peak sporting and other bodies for the benefit of students;
• empowered students as individuals, as members of the school and broader community and as learners;
• developed the first online attendance and reporting systems in the country.
Those interested in knowing more about the school are advised to visit the school.