More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Better Education | School Rankings | Help | (Un)Subscribe | Rules
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ACD
#1 Posted : Monday, 31 October 2016 7:35:35 PM(UTC)
ACD

Groups: Member

Hi

We are currently living in Vietnam (for the past 6 years). We will be moving to Melbourne in the new year. I would like some advise for a good secondary school for my son. He is 15 years old (born Feb 2001) and is currently in Year 9 (High School) of an American/international school

He faces a learning challenge (expressive/receptive learning disorder) as such has learning support at school. In light of this any advise on a school that provides learning support and help for students will be good. Our priority is the school after that we will look for a place to live nearby. It can be either a public or mid-range private school

Any help/advise would be most appreciated. Thanks

ACD
Sponsor
emmab
#2 Posted : Sunday, 6 November 2016 10:28:58 AM(UTC)
emmab

Groups: admin, Administration, Member, Moderator

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi ACD,

I would assume you are looking for schools with support and good academic results. If academic results are really a thing you want to consider, please have a look year 12 school rankings at http://bettereducation.c..._secondary_schools.aspx.

A lot of good public schools, like Mt Waverley SC, Bowen High, Boxhill High, Mckinnon SC etc. Also I am not entirely sure of your "mid-range" private school exactly means: if you mean in terms of academic results, you can find them in pages of year 12 results above.

Hope this helps.

EB

Rss Feed  Atom Feed