More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Better Education | School Rankings | Help | (Un)Subscribe | Rules
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
rembo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 9 February 2016 2:57:56 PM(UTC)
rembo

Groups: Member

I know how the OC marks are calculated, and from mock OC tests my son is doing this term I'll have a reasonable idea of his likely mark (although what the school assessment marks will be are anybody's guess). So to work out which OC classes to put as our choices in the application I just need to get an idea of the cut-off marks that are likely....

The problem is that the Selective Unit publishes Selective High School cut-off marks each year, but they don't (and won't) release the cut-off marks for OC classes. While I can understand their reasoning (with younger applicants the OC scores tend to move around a lot more each year than the selective highschool scores do, so the cut-off mark for a particular OC school can vary a lot more from year-to-year than is the case for Selective high schools, and that they don't want primary students selecting distant OC classes based on a perceived 'ranking' based on cut-off scores - they'd rather the students select a nearby OC school...)

However, we have two OC classes that are local/convenient, and a further three OC classes that are OK in terms of travel time, so I'd like to know if the two more convenient OC classes are sensible choices given the likely mark my son will get... or if we should be including some of the other OC classes that are less convenient but where he might get in.

Given the lack of public information, the only way to get an idea of OC cut-off marks is for those parents whose child got into a particular OC class to post that information here, or, to get a more accurate idea of the actual 'cut-off' mark, anyone whose child ended up at the top of the 'waiting list' for a particular OC class...

I'm mostly interested in the following OC classes (for the past two years), but information posted here about any other OC class will probably be of use to other parents in a similar situation to myself. So, please post any (anonymous) data you have about your child's placement profile score from 2014 or 2015, and which OC classes they got in to, or got on the waiting list for (and what waiting list position). ps. This will only work if real data is provided, so please, no guesses, second-hand word-of-mouth etc.

Schools of most interest to me:
Balgowlah Heights
Chatswood
Artarmon
Neutral Bay
Balmain

Sponsor
rembo  
#2 Posted : Monday, 10 October 2016 12:05:10 PM(UTC)
rembo

Groups: Member

This post didn't get any responses, but in case anyone else is interested in future, my son got offered his first choice (ARTARMON) OC (yay!), and his OC test score was 236.37. The max score this year (2016) was 271.68, and the average OC test score was 180.1. I *think* the 'cut-off' mark for Artarmon is ~220 most years, but it would need someone that has a child on the reserve list to be able to provide a better idea of what the 'cut-off' actual was for this year...

Ideally if people posted what score their child got, and which reserve list they got onto, we could work out a rough guide of what the approx. cut-off scores are... at least parent's would have a realistic guide as to which OC schools their child probably could/couldn't get into, so they could only preference schools that they had some chance of getting into.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed