More Group Sites
Education Books

School Rankings

Developer Forum

Better Home

Enviro++

更好教育论坛

Help | Rules | Other Group Sites: Better Education | Better Education Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
jim  
#1 Posted : Saturday, 1 September 2012 12:03:25 PM(UTC)
jim

Groups: PublicSchool

Writing skills are really important for working in consuting industry. You would find every job interview would ask you about communication skills including verbal and writing. Without good writing skills, you would have difficulty to climb career ladder quicker.

In my note book for about report writing, I wrote down this paragraph (but can’t remember where did I get this paragraph): “Business readers are content driven, time pressed, and in search of solutions. What does that mean to you as a writer? First, stop trying to impress people with words. In business, good language isn’t fancy; it’s useful. It simply conveys information and ideas without calling attention to itself. Second, highlight key points at the top of your document – and organize and present the body text logically. Otherwise, you audience won’t be able to follow your train of thought. If you’re confusing people, you’re not persuading them.”

It points out right points, which I didn’t think when I wrote them down. Hope it would help you to think during your report writing!

Edited by user Saturday, 1 September 2012 12:05:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Rss Feed  Atom Feed